What is the difference between groups and roles?
Groups are what users in xapiapps will see (assigning, reporting etc...), whereas roles are hidden inside groups and provide the underlying permissions.
- You can create groups with or without roles.
- Roles are used to affect the users perspective and permissions of the system.
- Roles are assigned through groups.
- There are predefined groups in the system with the same name as their roles.
- A user should have at least one group that has a role.
This table summarises the permissions associated with each role.