Self assessment for administrators tutorial
Reading Time: 1 minute 50 seconds
This tutorial will go through:
- Creating a pathway with a self assessment step
- Assigning the pathway to a learner
- Performing the pathway as a learner
Creating a pathway with a self assessment step
Step 1: Click on Self Assessment in the side menu
Step 2: Click on Manage
Select a self assessment
We will not be covering authoring self assessments in this tutorial. You should have some sample assessments when you signed up. For more on authoring see Authoring Checklists.
Step 3: Click on Add to Pathway
Step 4: Click Create New in the dialog
The self assessment step will be automatically added to a new pathway.
Step 5: Enter a name for your pathway
Step 6: Enter a description for your pathway (optional)
Assign the pathway to a learner
Step 8: Click Assign
Step 9: Click Choose Learners
Step 10: Search and select "Amy Way". Click OK
- She will be a learner who will do the self assessment
Step 11: Click OK to assign the pathway
Step 12: You can see a history of who you have assigned this pathway to if you click on History
Impersonate the learner to perform the pathway
Impersonating a person will allow you to see the system from that user's perspective. It is safe to use as the system records it as an impersonation.
Step 13: Next to the Pathway name, click on the three vertical dots
Step 14: Select Impersonate
Step 15: Search and select Amy Way (the user you assigned the pathway to).
Step 16: In the confirmation dialog click Yes.
Allow the system to morph into Amy Way's perspective.
You will see a green bar at the top to let you know you are impersonating.
If you do not see the green bar, give your browser a refresh, and try the impersonation steps again.
An example of what you might see is below.
Click on the START button on the task to begin the self assessment.
Perform the self assessment
- When you've completed all the required items the submit button will enable
- Click the SUBMIT button to complete the self assessment
- On completion a dialog will let you know if you've completed the self assessment successfully
Step 17: Un-impersonate Amy Way by clicking on UNIMPERSONATE in the top green bar.
- You will have unimpersonated Amy Way if the green bar has disappeared
- If you still see the green bar, try refreshing your browser and then click unimpersonate again
You've completed the Getting Started with Self Assessment Tutorial for Admins!