Cheat-sheet: Setting up a pathway for one on one observation
This guide will cover setting up a one on one observation.
- The first step in the pathway should be an observation checklist (recommended).
- Observer group on the observation step must be the same as the group on the observer person.
- A topic of supervisor type, shared to the same group as the observer person, must be added to the pathway
- "Assigner is supervisor" turned on for the pathway
Scenario: Minerva is an observer, who needs to observe Draco perform transfiguration.
The pathway set up will be as follows:
1. The first step in the pathway should be an observation checklist (recommended not essential).
What does this do? This will make sure when Minerva assigns this pathway she will see the observation task appear straight away.
2. The observer group on observation checklist step is the same as the group on the observer person.
Minerva is in Gryffindor, we want the observation checklist step to have observer group Gryffindor.
What does this do? This enables any person in the Gryffindor group to be the observer of this step.
3. Click on Add to Topics + and then + Add New. The topic should be set to type "Supervisor" and shared to the same group as the observer person.
Minerva is in Gryffindor, we want the topic of supervisor type to be shared to group Gryffindor.
What does this do? This enables anyone in Gryffindor group to assign this pathway.
4. Click on the settings icon
What does this do? This ensures that only Minerva will be the observer for this step rather than everyone in Gryffindor.
That's it for the pathway set up!
Now if Minerva goes to:
1. Supervisor Tasks
2. Start Observation
3. Selects the Draco as the learner
4. Clicks on Blue + button
She'll see the pathway for her to assign to Draco.
Once she clicks on the pathway she should be directed straight to that observation task.