Cheat-sheet: Setting up a pathway for one on one coaching
This guide will cover setting up a one on one coaching.
- The first step in the pathway should be a coaching checklist (recommended).
- Coach group on the coach step must be the same as the group on the coach person.
- A topic of supervisor type, shared to the same group as the coach person, must be added to the pathway
- "Assigner is supervisor" turned on for the pathway
Scenario: Severus is a coach, who needs to coach Hermione in making Polyjuice.
The pathway set up will be as follows:
1. The first step in the pathway should be a coach checklist (recommended not essential).
What does this do? This will make sure when Severus assigns this pathway he will see the coach task appear straight away.
2. The coach group on coach checklist step is the same as the group on the coach person.
Severus is in Slytherin, we want the coach checklist step to have coach group Slytherin.
What does this do? This enables any person in the Slytherin group to be the coach of this step.
3. Click on Add to Topics + and then + Add New. The topic should be set to type "Supervisor" and shared to the same group as the coach person.
Severus is in Slytherin, we want the topic of supervisor type to be shared to group Slytherin.
- OR -
You can also create a Supervisor Topic by going to Supervisor Library in the side menu.
Click Add New Topic
- Name the topic
- Share to the same group as the coach person
- Add the pathway
What does this do? This enables anyone in Slytherin group to assign this pathway.
4. Click on the settings icon
What does this do? This ensures that only Severus will be the coach for this step, rather than everyone in Slytherin.
That's it for the pathway set up!
Now if Severus goes to:
1. Supervisor Tasks
2. Start Coaching
3. Selects the Hermione as the learner
4. Clicks on Blue + button
He'll see the pathway for him to assign to Hermione.
Once he clicks on the pathway he should be directed straight to that coach task.